Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall Finished Objects

Beaded Scarf

This was a fun project, nice yarn, pretty colors, easy pattern:



Very Pretty Yarn:
Swiss Mountain (65% Cashmere/35% Silk) by Handmaiden from Loopy Ewe.

Beads:
Size 8 from Ladybug Beads.

Pattern:
Center portion of Waves of Grain by Rosemary Hill available free at Knitty, Fall 2008.

Recipient:
Lovely daughter.

Twisted Candle Flame Cardigan


As I wrote in a previous post My friend Gerta lent me her copy of "Omas Strickgeheimnisse" and I was enchanted with the stitch pattern "Tulpen mit verschrankten Maschen".   Not sure what that translates to but I'm calling this Twisted Candle Flame Sweater:



Yarn:
Adrienne Vittadini Alexa,
100% cotton tape yarn, worsted weight;
16 skeins, 50g and 100 yards per skein,
purchased at Kirkwood Knittery.



Stitch Pattern:
Twisted Candle Flame from Omas Strickgeheimnisse.

Buttons:
From Joann's.

Designer:
Me

Cute Baby Sweater
I saw this cute ball of yarn at The Weaving Dept. at Myers House - tucked inside the ball are darling little buttons and two sweater patterns (cardigan and pullover).  It isn't the greatest yarn (lots of thick and thin) but it turned out cute, it's machine washable and was quick to do - now we just need someone in my family to have a baby who can wear it!



Yarn/Pattern/Buttons:



The Weaving Dept at Myers House.
One skein, 200g, 396 yards

Stitch Pattern:
Made it up.

Recipient:
To be determined.

Sock in Progress?
I love the glitter sock yarn from Berroco and bought a skein in pink/green/orange.  
Of course after many swatches I couldn't settle on stitch pattern.
In the meantime I ordered some Gloss sock yarn in Black from Knitpicks.
I thought it would be nice to have some black handknit socks - what was I thinking?
Very hard to see to work on black yarn. Need to try some better lighting.
It occurred to me that I could combine these two yarns and came up with this. Finished the first sock but it is loose at the ankle even though done on 64 stitches with Size 1 U.S. needles; the Gloss sock yarn is a bit on the heavy side.

This may end up in the frog pond.




More to follow soon...............

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Missouri
Knitting is magical!