I'm excited that they are offering this program for several reasons...
- the Designer retains all rights to the pattern;
- Knitpicks has a phenomenal customer base through their website and catalogs which will provide a lot of exposure;
- the Yarn is provided;
- the project is returned to the Designer;
- photographic assistance is available.
- all monies for sold patterns go to the Designer.
I designed this piece a few years ago when the Greater St. Louis Knitters' Guild participated in the Fall Folk and Fine Arts Festival at Faust Park by holding their first Knit-Out. There was a scarf contest as part of the Knit-Out; the scarves were later donated to a Women's group.
The design was inspired by an idea in Knitting Over the Edge by Nicky Epstein in the section titled 'Cords' and the pattern named 'Love Knots'.
I used the Love Knots idea for a scarflet/neckwarmer that begins with intertwined cords , the cords become cable, the cables end as intertwined cords at the opposite end of the scarf and the cords serve as buttonholes for the ball buttons (idea for ball buttons also taken from one of Nicky Epstein's books - I love her creative ideas).
CableKnot Scollar was posted last week the Knit Picks website.
It is also available in my Ravelry Store.